The law can be extremely complex and unfair for couples that have not married but have lived together for a long period of time. In order to avoid the expensive and lengthy court procedure that can often arise, we will help you to reach agreement with your partner either through mediation or the collaborative law process.

Where there are children involved we can assist with problems arising over arrangements for time to be spent with the other parent as well as child maintenance payments.

If neither mediation nor the collaborative law process are appropriate, we will issue the necessary applications through the court. This may involve an application under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act to decide on property interests and/or an application under Schedule 1 of the Children Act to provide a lump sum and housing provision for any minor child.